Is it true that Eden builds speakers for other bass manufacturers?

Not anymore, but we did build the first generation of cabinets for SWR®, as well as providing OEM drivers for Ampeg (DL series), Mesa-Boogie, Gibson, Pierce and Randall. To tell if you have an Eden-built SWR® cabinet, look at the crossover plate on the back. If you see the Eden logo, it was built by Eden. The drivers we built for the other companies are normally stamped on the back of the magnet.

I lost my owner's manual. Can I get another one?

You can download any of our manuals for current and cabinets from our website from the relevant product page. If you cannot find the manual for your product on our website please contact your national distributor, which you can find using our recommended retailers section.

How do I get service or parts for my amplifier or cabinet?

Contact the support team listed for your region on our site. You can find your national support team by clicking here. We cannot supply parts directly that require an engineer to install but parts such as speakers, knobs, corners and logos can be supplied for self-installation.

I'm going to be touring. How can I protect my gear?

The best way to protect your equipment is to mount it in a road-ready case. Check your local music store or go online to find the one that's right for you.

Cabinets and speakers

Who makes the speakers you use in your cabinets?

Eden designs its own speaker drivers and originally manufactured them in our own factory. We also designed drivers for other companies too. These days we use manufacturing facilities that offer only the best in production techniques and materials. Our drivers are made to our design and specification for the authentic Eden tone.

How do I tell if I've got a blown driver?

Sonically, a blown driver can cause distortion or can make the cabinet (low end) sound very weak and thin. You can also check visually for creases or tears in the speaker cone.

I sometimes see a light blinking on and off in my cabinet? What's that about?

This is the tweeter limiter becoming fully engaged. This fuse/bulb actually goes through three distinct phases of operation. Initially, it acts as a soft-knee compressor. At higher levels it acts as a limiter. Finally, it acts as a fuse which will blow to protect the tweeter from damage.

When you see that light bulb at full brilliance, this means you're sending approximately 70 to 100 watts RMS to the tweeter - above 4kHz. This means you're probably clipping the amplifier heavily or using an excessive amount of high-frequency boost. If this light is constantly blinking, we suggest you either back off the high-frequency boost or decrease output slightly.

How do I tell if I have a blown tweeter?

There will be a lack of high frequency detail in your sound. However, check the limiter bulb first if it has blown replacing it should make the tweeter fully operational again.

What is the impedance rating for your cabinets?

Our cabinets are rated 8 or 4 ohms, depending on the model. For complete specs, see the Products page for your particular cabinet.

How do I tell the impedance of my cabinet?

Look on the crossover plate on the back of the cabinet. You will see either 4 Ohms or 8 Ohms. That is the rating for your cabinet.

I love your cabinets, but would prefer to not run the high-frequency driver. Can I shut it off?

Shutting the tweeter off is OK but can damage the L pad over an extended period of time. It is advisable to set the crossover control so that horn is getting just a touch of signal.

How can I clean the carpet covering on my cabinet?

A standard lint roller (masking tape style) works very well. If it's seriously covered with animal hair or dust, you may want to vacuum it first. If there is dirt ground into the carpet covering, you can use a commercial carpet cleaner, either spray or foam. Be certain to cover the speakers and crossover beforehand to protect these components.

Eden Amplifiers

How do I tell what year my amplifier was made?

For amplifiers made up to 2012 the serial numbers first 4 digits represent the year and month of manufacture, for example 0408A1234 would be built in August, 2004. Much older amplifiers and cabinets are simply coded with the date. Amplifiers and cabinets made after 2012 are coded with the year and week for example C-2015-40-0557-A would be week 40 of 2015.

Can I get a schematic or circuit diagram for my amplifier?

Eden do not supply technical information to customers directly. You can contact our service centers or support contacts found on our website for servicing and repairs. By using only authorized centers we can ensure repair engineers have access to the most up to date information and authentic parts used in our products.

What type of tube is in my amplifier? How often should I replace it? Does it matter if I use an Eden tube?

The tubes you use in your amplifier can make a difference to the way your amplifier sounds. In order to get the best stock sound always buy your tubes from Eden. We buy our tubes based on their specific qualities and using substandard tubes can lead to inferior tone and the requirement to more frequently replace tubes.

I have seen a modification online for my amplifier, should I do it?

Eden does not publish any modifications or suggested tweaks for its amplifiers or cabinets. Changing components in your amplifier may cause it to become unstable and in some situations illegal. If you have an issue with the amplifier you own we suggest referring it to an authorised service centre, engineer or your local distributor.